Egypt Tours FAQ & Essential Things you Should Know Before Traveling to Egypt!
Why book with Look at Egypt Tours?
– There are many reasons to book your trip through Look at Egypt Tours. We are one of the most reputable destination management companies in Egypt offering the best tailored and readymade packages, we offer all types of Egypt tours & experiences from one-day tours to Multi-day tours, Desert Safari, Family trips, beach holidays & off-beaten paths holidays.
2. Is there a discount for booking my tour far in advance?
– Look at Egypt Tours is glad to offer an “Early Bird” discount for clients plus the original discount of the tour so those who pay the full cost of their tour in advance. If full payment for your tour is received six months before the date of your arrival, we will gladly reduce the quoted cost of your trip by 5%. “Early Bird” rates require full, non-refundable pre-payment. Discounted tours will not be eligible for date changes or refunds.
3. Is there a special rate for private group booking with Look at Egypt Tours?
– Yes, Look at Egypt Tours does provide a discount for private trips booked with large groups. For groups of ten or more people, there will be a discount dependent upon the nature and length of the trip. For groups of fifteen or more people, highly competitive prices will be applied plus this tour will be exclusively for your group.
4. How Can I Contact Look at Egypt Tours Egypt to book a tour?
– We are always available to receive your booking inquiries via email, telephone, or WhatsApp. You can also submit a booking request form describing the trip you want to take, its length, and any other details you can provide and you will receive a reply promptly with a proposal from our team you can send here.
5. What do I need to do to book a tour and confirm my reservation?
– Booking a tour is simple. All you need to do is contact us you will receive a prompt response outlining the options available to you and then you can build a tour that will suit your needs in terms of budget, number of days, and points of interest with the help of one of our travel consultants. Once a plan has been decided, we will send you a detailed itinerary that includes all the necessary information and plans for your trip. At this point, you will have to confirm your reservation with payment of a deposit. Your reservation will not be confirmed until payment of this deposit is received by us. The balance of payment will be due on arrival to begin your tour.
6. How much will I have to pay as a deposit? How will I pay for it?
– The deposit required will be 30 % of the total price of the tour, except during peak travel times around Christmas and New Year's, when the deposit will be 50% of the total price. You can pay the deposit using a credit card (Visa and Mastercard are accepted) or a bank order directly to us. Our team will be willing to provide any additional information or support you need to complete this payment.
7. If I am forced to cancel my trip with Look at Egypt Tours will I receive a refund?
-Look at Egypt Tour’s refund policy is detailed in our Terms and Conditions. The amount refunded depends on how far in advance we are notified about the cancellation.
8. Is Egypt considered a safe destination in comparison to other countries in the world?
– Egypt generally has a very low crime rate. Travelers will be safe in Egypt if they take sensible precautions that would apply to any tourist destination around the world.
9. Is there any special advice for women travelers while visiting Egypt?
-There are many touristic areas in Egypt where special concerns are not necessary; however, in fewer tourist places, relatively modest dress is recommended. Women should avoid very tight clothing, keep their shoulders and knees covered, and avoid very revealing necklines. Men should also avoid particularly revealing clothing as all Egyptians generally dress more modestly than in many parts of Europe and America. For instance, wearing shorts is not very common among Egyptians. Dressing with relative modesty is a way of respecting the local culture.
10-How can I obtain my visa to visit Egypt?
Visitors to Egypt must have a passport valid for at least six months after their arrival and all foreign citizens must obtain a visa to enter Egypt. You can apply for a tourist visa at an Egyptian embassy or consulate around the world. -Travelers of the following nationalities can purchase a one-month entry visa to Egypt upon arrival in Egypt: Australia, Canada, Croatia, European Union, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Macedonia, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Serbia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and United States, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico. This only takes a few minutes to do at a bank window before you go through customs.
11– Can I apply online for Egypt entry Visa?
Yes, Now Egypt authority launched a platform for online visas Egypt e-Visa Portal, kindly check the allowed 74 countries their citizens can obtain visas online kindly check this E-visa FAQ. – Egypt generally has three types of entry visas.
1. Entry visa–valid for one month; given to any non-Egyptian citizen entering the country without a previously purchased visa
2. Transit visa–given to any non-Egyptian citizen entering the country for a limited period for transit reasons.
3. Tourist visa–valid for up to 3 months and available with single or multiple entries; purchased by the majority of visitors to Egypt from an Egyptian embassy or consulate before arriving in the country.
12-How do I apply for a visa to enter Egypt if I live away from the country of my nationality?
– If the traveler has a residence permit to live in another country, they can apply for a visa from the Egyptian embassy or consulate in that country or buy a visa upon arrival in Cairo, Hurghada, or Luxor Airports. If they do not hold a residency permit, they must obtain their visa from the Egyptian embassy/consulate in the country that issued their passport
.13- Can I combine my visit to Egypt with another country?
– Tourists visiting Egypt sometimes visit other countries in the Middle East or North Africa on the same trip. Look at Egypt Tours offers tourism services in Jordan, the Emirates, and More, which you can research on our website.
14- Is it a common practice to give tips in Egypt?
Due to the low salaries of many professionals in Egypt, many people depend on tips, or Baksheesh as it is called in Egypt, as a major part of their income. Therefore, tipping is considered customary in Egypt.
– How much should I tip?
– The amount depends on the situation. In a restaurant, it is good to give between 5 and 10% tips directly to the waiter even when there is service added to the bill. The service tax does not go to the waiter. For a small favor, like carrying luggage or parking a car, a few Egyptian pounds would be appropriate. Not more than five. Often in Egypt, you will find someone tending to the bathroom to keep it clean. Giving them one Egyptian pound is an appropriate amount.
– Tipping your tour guide and your driver is completely optional but should be considered if you’re provided with great service. If you decide to tip feel free to give what you think your experience was worth for your guide and driver and other staff, this is all as an act of gratitude and no obligation.
15- Is it allowed for non-Muslims to enter mosques in Egypt?
Non-Muslims are generally welcome to visit mosques in Egypt; however, it is always advisable to seek permission before entering mosques outside Cairo and Alexandria where people are less accustomed to tourists. Tourists and foreigners are welcome in almost all mosques in Egypt Tourists are more than welcome to visit most mosques at any time except when they are being used for prayer, on Friday during the prayer so your visit will be adjusted by your guide.
16- Is there any dress code to be followed during visiting a mosque in Egypt?
– There aren’t really special clothes to be put on while visiting a mosque in Egypt; however, modest dress would be highly recommended and, in some mosques, women will be asked to cover their hair and perhaps their arms and legs. Both women and men will be asked to remove their shoes before entering a mosque. –
17- Are tourists allowed to enter the Christian monuments in Egypt?
– In Egypt, churches have been treated the same as mosques. Most churches and monasteries welcome tourists and foreigners, except during Lent. Modest dress is also advisable while visiting Christian monuments in Egypt.
18- What is the Best Time to Visit Egypt?
The best time to visit Egypt is from September to April when an average temperature of 20º degrees keeps things cool, dry, and comfortable, during the summer months day time temperatures reach mid 30º degrees along the Nile Valley and Cairo so in the summer you should include the Red Sea Hurghada or Sharm Elsheikh.
19- Can I bring a personal supply of cigarettes and alcohol with me when I am visiting Egypt?
– It is always recommended for travelers who wish to have their own supply of cigarettes and alcohol with them in Egypt to purchase them upon arrival. There are duty-free shops in the airports in Cairo, Luxor, Hurghada,
El Gouna, and Sharm El Sheikh. Tourists are allowed to purchase up to 3 liters of alcohol and up to 200 cigarettes on arrival.
– What happens if I didn’t purchase my alcohol and cigarettes upon arrival, will I have the chance to buy them elsewhere in Egypt?
– Tourists have 48 hours after arrival to buy these products from any duty-free shop in Egypt. Duty-free locations are in the airports in Cairo, Luxor, Hurghada, El Gouna, and Sharm El Sheikh. There are also several other locations in Cairo and in hotels in Sharm El Sheikh, El Gouna, and Hurghada. You will be able to purchase up to 3 liters of alcohol and up to 200 cigarettes.
20- What to Shop in Egypt for Souvenirs & Authentic products?
Egypt has much exciting shopping during your trip top buys include Papyrus (Ancient Paper) and you should get it from certified places in each tour the visit to the Papyrus factory is included. Also, you can buy Egyptian pendants it is Called Cartouche same as the ancient Pharaohs who made their names, you can get your name in Cartouche in Gold or Silver like king Tutankhamun o queen Cleopatra. Cotton shirts and mirrors, backgammon boards, Pharaonic objects fashioned in Alabaster, Egyptian cotton sheets, and clothing are very popular among tourists. Please note that in the certified places and shops, you will visit during your trip it is very safe to use your Visa Card. If you want to visit the Souk Khan Elkhalili it is not recommended to use your Visa Card or buy gold or silver.
Your entire holiday is designed around your requirements
Select your preferred style of accommodation according to your budget
Create your perfect trip with the help of personal travel consultant
No one knows Egypt like we do. Enjoy Once-in-a-Lifetime experiences in Egypt
Tour itineraries are carefully planned but easily restructured to the benefit of our travelers.
Make the most of your time and budget
We offer options for every budget and travel style
We have a variety of tours to suit all people whether you are a solo traveler, couples, family, or special group you can choose your tour to Egypt
We are strive to offer a real experience in Egypt
We are focused on bringing you the best trip possible, based on your individual needs and desires
Tour itineraries are carefully planned but easily restructured to the benefit of our travelers.
Safety and security commitment