Sustainable Travel Policy!
Our vision for a more responsible way to travel.
- As well as our responsibility to the environment, we also recognize our impact on local communities as part of the tourist industry.
- We develop personal relationships with our hostel/hotel partners to benefit local businesses.
- We limit our trips to small groups of independent travellers – no mass travel involved.
- We encourage our customers to travel with an open, respectful attitude towards fellow travellers and local residents.
- We promote travel as a means of building cultural understanding.
- We offer alternative suggestions for sightseeing, giving you more authentic experiences as well as the opportunity to support local businesses and mingle with city residents.
- We promise to fund enough carbon capture schemes to not only counterbalance the carbon that Look at Egypt tours produces as a business but offset the same amount again, actively helping to reduce global warming.
- We will continue to propose and implement schemes which can further the eco-friendly aspect of the company moving forward.
- Please consider also declaring at www.tourismdeclares.com, and follow on @tourismdeclares on Twitter & Facebook.
At Look at Egypt Tours, we are committed to contributing to the protection of the environment and to supporting and strengthening the environmental awareness and the sense of responsibility of both our staff and customers. We endeavor to achieve this by keeping in mind the impact of all our operations and services on society, the environment and nature.
The purpose of our environmental policy is to minimize the negative environmental impact of the company’s operations as much as possible.
We aim to fulfil our objectives through the following means:
- Environmental concerns will guide purchases and other aspects of the daily operation.
- The daily operation will be organized in such a way that responsible waste management, i.e. separation, recycling and emptying, becomes a natural and understood part of the company’s functions.
- All employees are encouraged to use environmentally friendly transportation when possible.
- We will seek different ways to promote the link between environmental protection and an individual’s choice regarding their means of transportation, daily life and actions.
- Through our customized travel documents and other day-to-day communications, customers will be informed of ways to respect the environment during their travels.
With our transportation policy, our intent is to minimize negative effects on the environment and help improve our employees’ health, to set a good example and to promote awareness of environmentally friendly means of transportation. This policy considers the company’s environmental and health policies, which support each other.
To reach these goals, we endeavor to do the following:
- We encourage employees to use environmentally friendly, cost-efficient and healthy means of transportation, which caters to their needs. Examples include travelling to and from work by: walking, cycling, or traveling by bus or train.
- We will ensure that there are proper facilities at work for those who use environmentally friendly means of transportation.
- We aim to conduct a survey periodically regarding transportation habits, to measure the performance of the policy and to research new ways to improve it.
“Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics, and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty, and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure.” – John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day